Monday, May 12, 2008

Watch Out for a Green Yukon!!!

It's official...Nicole has her Driver's License!
She passed with flying colors this morning and drove herself to school...and even volunteered to run to pick up her sister and go to the store! Amazing how helpful one is right after they get their driver's license!

PS>>>From a mother's perspective...this was a very emotional day. I thought the first day of preschool was hard (2 mornings a week for 2 hrs), then came every day kindergarten. I thought junior high was hard, then came high school with all those kids! I thought the school dance was difficult...or going out alone without parent supervision with friends was hard. But, I must say this tops the list for me. (at least so far!) I know most of my reader friends are at the beginning of this perspective list, but wow...my daughter can drive. I didn't know I was old enough...and I didn't like the responsibility the insurance agent reminded me way too vividly of...and I just don't know where the 16 years went. I know my daughter is in God's hands...but everyday gets a little scarier for this "old" mom!

3 comments:

Ellie said...

RUN FOR COVER!!! : ) Just kidding! Congratulations!

Greg and Andrea said...

Congratulations, Nicole! Enjoy your new freedom. Amanda, you're going to benefit from this--big time. :)

Wilson Family said...

Oh man, I can't even think about my kids one day driving! They still can't even cross the street on their own!