Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hard to Believe...16 years ago!

16 YEARS AGO TODAY...I was 2 weeks over due and being induced at Portland Adventist Hospital. The Trail Blazers were in the play offs and Dr. Sargent had the mirror positioned so he could watch the game when he was in the room, otherwise he was next door with my dad and other's watching the game! It was the day AFTER Mother's Day, and I had gone to church the day before only to be asked, "You're still here?" "You look like you are going to pop!" among various other THINGS good intentioned people ask you at that horrible state of your life. I entered the hospital at 8am that Monday morning and at 10:47pm had a beautiful baby girl...Nicole Marie! Thus the reason I told her it is only fair that her 16th birthday should end up on Mother's Day and she have to share it with me and her grandma's and aunt's! :-)



I believe that I must be one of the luckiest mom's alive to have been so fortunate to have two beautiful girls who are soooo different!

Nicole, you make your parent's so proud. You are a beautiful, intelligent, thoughtful, sensitive young woman. You make so many good choices in life. We love your love for kids and how they seem to flock to you. We love to see you around your friends and see how you laugh together, yet they look up to you for support and advice. We love how honest you are and how your love for Jesus shines thru you. We love how thoughtful you are of others. I love when you know what songs to sing or play to make your dad cry! And I love when you know that I am not okay and I just need a hug. You are an extraordinary young lady. We love you and are very proud of you. We wish you the best as you grow in Independence in the coming years and look forward to what all God has planned for you. Happy Birthday Sweetheart, We love you! xoxoxoxoxoxo






(These photos are for Jenn Wilson, she doesn't believe me when I say I was larger than she is...here's the proof Jenn!)





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wilson Family said...

Thanks for the pictures Debbie! Those are great! Wow, 2 weeks overdue, you are an amazing women!! I about lost my mind when Kenneth was 1 week overdue! Tomorrow we are down to 10 days, yipee! Thanks again for sharing! =)

Wilson Family said...

One more thing.... I love the way you described the "various other THINGS good intentioned people ask you at that horrible state of your life." That made me laugh - oh how true it is! =)