Sunday, February 24, 2008

I am Blessed!

Ok...so the celebration started last Thursday and continues...
My birthday started with breakfast in bed from my lovely little princess and her father and a Starbucks gift card from my oldest, lunch with Vicki, and a lovely dinner at Henry's downtown with my husband. My husband got me a new cell phone...a palm treo like I have been eyeing for months! It is awesome!

My only disappointment of the day, was that I missed a call from my Basque daughter Marina wishing me a happy birthday:-(. Friday night the family splurged and went to a full price movie and got popcorn! Saturday, Rob and I spent most of the day together running a few errands and then Nicole joined us for a trip to DSW and Marshall's. My parents had my family over for my favorite meal...Flank Steak, Baked Potatoes, Asparagus, and home made biscuits & jam and then surprised me with a trip in May to a spa in Phoenix, Arizona (grandchildren sitting included!). Then we had dessert with the Obrist's and family. Today, Amanda woke up sick, so I stayed home with her, and to my delight ended up talking on the phone with Marina for over an hour! How happy I was to hear her voice on the other end of the line when I answered the phone. Rob scheduled a little gathering at LaCostita today for lunch with the Cochran's and her cousins, Ken & Terry Wilson, April, & Kim and my folks. It has been a lovely celebration!
Thanks to everyone who made me feel so special these last few days! I guess turning 21/21 wasn't so bad after all!

1 comment:

mel said...

Well Happy Birthday! (See, I finally got to check your blog.) I'm so sorry adopting the twins didn't work out. It sounds like you were somewhat emotionally prepared and very much prepared to love and welcome a different child-possibly 7 yr old Romeo. We will pray that God will order this adoption for you.
Love, Melanie