Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Debbie's Birthday!

WOW! I had a great birthday and once again was spoiled by my family. But, I must share with you one of the most special gifts that I have ever seen or received. I received some marvelous things, ie: a beautiful plate that matches one Rob gave me last year and an awesome, way too expensive pair of shoes I showed my mom once and my parents gave me, along with many other nice things. But, I have never been so shocked and surprised by the gift my daughters gave me.

I knew that they had been saving their money, and doing extra jobs to earn money, but I figured they were saving for vacation or something special they had in mind. Well, they were both so excited about the gift they had gotten me for my birthday, and could hardly wait for us to get back from Palm Springs so that I could open it.
They did an awesome job of wrapping the gift to deceive me. First of all, there was a shoe box. I thought, "wow, they bought me a pair of my favorite flip flops", and then I opened the box and inside was a check box, and I was confused. Then I opened the check box and inside was a little jewelry box. I thought they had probably bought me a pair of earrings. So, I opened the box and inside was...
a beautiful silver ring, with little diamonds and my birthstone.
I could hardly believe my eyes! I was so shocked! It is beautiful! My girls are so proud of themselves because they surprised me and I had no idea what was going to be in that box. I have two of the best girls in the world.
Thanks Nicole and Amanda for making your mom's birthday so special! I love you both!

No comments: