Thursday, July 24, 2008

A New Appreciation!

A couple of weeks ago Nicole had an allergy test. (One of many things we are trying to do to eliminate the ear infections...since we are on our 9th this year! Yes...not all kids out grow them!)
Anyways, one of the things they wanted Nicole to try is eliminating soy and corn from her diet, each for about 7 - 10 days and then test the food. Well, we are almost to the end of the soy elimination diet and I am exhausted. You have to read EVERY label and ALL the fine print on EVERYTHING! I have come to the conclusion that soy is in everything! And I am sure that next week I will come to the conclusion that corn is in everything!

So, if you are one of those moms out there that has children with food allergies...I can sympathize. I only hope that this doesn't make any difference...but time will tell. Oh yeah...and did I mention the expense???

So...we will continue along this road...and meanwhile Nicole feels as though we are starving her...although Grandma came thru last night and made a casserole and dessert that were soy free! Nicole had thirds I believe!

No comments: